EpiSensor is one of the leading companies in the application of IoT to Demand Response and Energy Management solutions helping our partners deliver large installations worldwide. We are proud to be the go-to IoT infrastructure partner to some of the most established companies in these industries. We are entering a high growth stage that is accelerated by the current energy environment and the quality of our solutions. With this in mind, we are hiring an Electronics Engineer to join our team and be a key part of our scaling efforts.
This position is working directly with the CTO. You will:
- Design & implement firmware for microcontroller-based electronics using C
- Participate in the design & review process with other engineers.
- Collaborate with engineers & service personnel to debug & resolve issues.
- Be part of a team designing microcontroller-based electronic circuit boards, including schematics & layouts for high reliability and for harsh industrial environments.
- Design the next generation of Demand Response and Energy Management products.
- Perform modifications to existing electronic designs to optimise cost & manufacturability.
- Follow standards & industry best practices to improve system performance & safety.
- Debug and test embedded systems using JTAG, Serial Wire Debug (SWD).
- Create technical specification documents for electronic products.
- Bring new products through certification and safety testing in multiple locations
Knowledge of the following would be advantageous;
- Embedded C software development with knowledge of;
- Silicon Labs Simplicity Studio Development Environment
- ST Microelectonics MX Cube Development Environment
- IAR Development System
- Wireless communication – WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee and Thread
- I2C, SPI, USART
- M-Bus, Modbus, CANBus
- Drivers for EEPROM, RTC, FRAM, SRAM
- TCP/UDP socket programming
- Linux Operating System with experience of Embedded Linux OS an advantage
- 5+ years of professional industry experience, ideally delivering solutions to a real-world product/ customer
- Experience with hardware/software debugging equipment.
- Experience in embedded firmware development with C.
- Ability to deliver both small independent projects and larger team-based projects.
- Degree in Electronic or Computer Engineering
- Ambition and willingness to learn and be flexible.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to contribute to a positive work and company culture.
Where do I need to be based?
You will be based in our office in Limerick however we’re flexible when it comes to remote work. We care about performance and output rather than tracking hours or looking over your shoulder.
Interview Format and How to Apply
Informal, video interview initially. Subsequent interviews will be split between EpiSensor’s management team and engineering team (both via video calls and in person). We will go through an introduction to EpiSensor’s history, products and culture, and talk about your background, experience, and objectives for the future. There will be follow-up interviews for successful candidates.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a note on why you would like to join the team with some info on your background and experience.